View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 03:41 PM   #5

A couple of mods i did while assembling.

Front brake line: i added a small loop holder ( from autozone) that they use to hold brake pipes or fuel hose or wiring under the car.
with this second holder ( on the upper triple clamp) and the factory one ( on the lower triple clamp) the brake line moves freely up and down during suspension compression, it also routed the line out of the way so it does not obscure the gauges.

Next i left off the orange reflectors on the triple clamps as they are partially hidden by the tank mounted air deflectors anyway and might be why they are now mounted on the front fenders.

Next was the seat bolt access which took me a while to figure out that one must remove or at least loosen the rear fender and tail light assy to get to the bolts. I simply cut off the extra plastic from the rear fender and can now take the seat off without taking the bike apart. Also i took a piece of foam i had laying around and covered up the hole where water can get under the seat ( i may make a little metal shield later that bolts on with the seat bolts). Also i filled in the factory hole (about an inch square) where water will go in under the seat any way.
Attached Images