View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 09:15 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Good on you for helping others during this madness .Do the things you make on the printer hold up long term ,or are they kind of like dollar store plastic toys ?I can easily be talked into a printer like that if it’s possible to make good solid pieces .
Not injection molded strong but depending how you print they can be very strong. Those are only 3mm thick so they are printed solid. They are thin enough to be flexible still strong enough to last. Bigger objects are normally printed 'hollow" with just a thin grid infill for support but you can crank the infill percentage up to make it stronger at the cost of time.

Also depends on the material. These are printed in PLA. It's easy to print, cheap, fairly strong and biodegradable from corn starche. You can also print in ABS, TPU, PETG, and some nylon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Man, duck, reading your first paragraph, I was gonna say welcome to my world. But after reading the rest of it, it looks like my world is less screwed up than yours.
Par for the course for the time we are in. Our governor is more concerned about her vp campaign then MI residents so things are a bit of a mess. See what happens may 1st I guess, see how long it gets extended and what else she bans.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.