View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 02:43 PM   #36

There hasn't been much change around here, we've only had 3 confirmed cases in our county so far and none of them required hospitalization. And the county seat of Mcconnelsville (8 stoplights altogether) is the only place I've seen any changes. The chain restaurants and stores are following protocol and some have installed plexiglass. But we're deep in the bible belt here in southeastern Ohio so church services are still being held and there's been no following of protocol in all the other tiny towns.

I been riding my Foreman 500ES and using it for my basic transportation for supplies. When I wrecked my Hawk it wasn't insured yet (it is now) so my license is suspended till February 14th of next year. But we and several other communities live in ATV friendly towns so on the rare occasion you do see a cop there's a good chance he will smile and wave, whereas if you were in a vehicle he might pull you over because he's bored.

I've also decided to get healthy. I've cut my cigs back to half a pack a day which is way better than 3 packs a day, been drinking lots of bottled water and eating 3 small meals a day rather than one large one. And been exercising and walking alot more. I got a really bad diagnosis last fall concerning my A-fib and heart failure, and 2 weeks ago I had 2 near death experiences and decided I had better make some changes if I wanna see 49yrs. And I found a cardiologist in Athens whose willing to perform the A-fib surgery, but that's been put off because of this virus crap. So I'm gonna do what I can and hopefully enjoy my summer.
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400