View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 07:31 PM   #1

SHENG WEY carb ID and tuning info

Just got a 1968 Honda 50 Cub running, with a China motor 90cc(PO installed) and a SHENG WEY carb.
It will start great on full Choke and idle but dies as soon as the choke is opened at all. I can ride it that way but it will die as soon as off choke and have to play with the choke a little to keep it running. Has good power but real hill will kill it.
To get it running after it sat for 2 years with the PO I:
- Drained and replaced all the fuel.
- Completely disassembled carb and cleaned every part and orifice with carb cleaner and air.
- Reset the 2 adjustment screws as they were.
- Lower screw to the outside was 1/2 turn open.
- Upper screw near middle of card was 4 1/2 turns open.

So I have build several cars from the ground-up including engines and trannys but realize I need guidance here.

Is there:
- I place/way to ID the carb? (pics attached).
- A place to find instructions on setting up the carb?
- Were do I measure to determine the carb size? I've seen discussions talking sizes. Mine is 30mm at main round opening, 20mm at the wide part of oval inner opening(top -to-bottom), and 15mm the narrow way on the oval opening.

Also what do I need to do to covert the headlight to 12v? There is no bulb in the glass now and there are 2 wires not attached behind it. I'll b checking for voltage at those wires while it's running and the switch is on.
Thanks.
Attached Images