View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 12:33 PM   #2

Not Much In The US

I'm not aware of any heavily modified RX3's in the US, apart from those people who have installed big bore kits. Many of them experience issues with the bike running too lean at higher RPM's, and there is no way to correct it short of a new fuel injection map being flashed into the ECU. That, unfortunately, has not been figured out by anybody; or if they have, they have not posted about it. You would probably have better luck with your RX3, as it is carbureted and can be re-jetted for the increased displacement.

To date, CSC's Progressive shock is the only option for suspension mods, and that is only for the rear. There has been nothing developed for the front, to my knowledge.

In regards to weight reduction, you could look at stripping of the cases and mounting racks, as well as the crash bars. It is also possible to replace the steel hoops of the wheels with aluminum ones, you can read about that here:

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17732

and here:

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14974

Another thing to try is fabricating a new side stand, making it out of hollow tubing instead of solid steel, like the OEM one.

There are no aftermarket exhausts available in the US, but I think AKT Motos in Columbia makes one. I remember CSC brought one in to the US for evaluation, if I remember correctly. I don't believe that there was any meaningful difference, so they opted not to import them. A few people have put on Akropovic slip on mufflers; check YouTube for videos.

For the headlight, you need to replace the 35W H1 with a 40 watt LED bulb, preferably one with a low beam cut off. This is assuming that you have a 2015 1/2 US style headlight housing. If your RX3 has the older style, with the blue running light beneath the main headlight bulb, the swap will not be as effective. It will still produce way more lumens than the stock bulb, but the dispersal pattern is not as even as the later US style. If you decide to retain the crash bars, definitely fit auxiliary lights. I use a cheap set of Auxbeam 18W flood lights on mine, they work well for me riding at night.

Your project sounds interesting, definitely keep us posted on what you do with it.