View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 06:02 PM   #6

Thanks for the concern and speculation.

This just happens to be my fun scooter and I had the 50cc version running so well I decided to try the big bore variant. It's something to play with.

If I wanted to shy away from equipment that I had to mess about with I would not have the scooter and a 250 china bike, nor would anyone else here and there would not be uncountable pages of shop talk.

I have a full license and own several larger motorcycles. Have not had a traffic ticket in 20 years and never a DUI,
so my query is completely for the challenge of making this experiment work and not due to desperation over a suspended license.

That done away with The new kit smoked from the first crank of the motor so it was not a condition due to running, it is an inherent difficulty. I first thought it was the oil I had used to pre-lube the new piston and rings burning off, then it did not stop.

Don't worry, I have already ordered a new kit w/head and will start over when it arrives. If all else fails I will return to the 50cc condition and ride it as it was.

The extra torque sure is nice though.

I did remember that since I used the stock head I did not disconnect the emissions system. Would having the old emissions tubing still connected cause smoking?