View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 07:21 AM   #2

Your new apollo will more than likely run just fine from the factory. It will be lean to meet all the EPA bs. Pull the choke, crank it up, and let it idle a minute or less. Push the choke in and let it idle a minute more. Once it is warmed up, hop on and ride. It will run just fine. Once you get use to it and get it broke in, you may be happy with it like it is. I changed out my carb to a pumper type to help in the tight trails I ride. Jumping logs and such it needed a little more instant response. Normal riding doesn't require any jetting IMO.
Break in has 2 ways to go. The hard break in and the soft break in. I personally went with the hard break in. You can look it up on here and YouTube to decide which one you prefer.
Change your oil before you crank it! Use a "motorcycle oil". One that states on the bottle that it is for "wet clutches". They keep your clutch from slipping. Regular car/truck oil will make it slip like a trials rider jumping across rocks on the back wheel.

Last edited by Its_not_a_honda; 05-25-2020 at 11:13 AM. Reason: More details