View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 08:46 PM   #1

Head Scratching Should I buy this $800 Hawk 250? (And advice for New rider please?)

Hi my name is Retro. New here. Also a new rider here. Don’t know anything about a bike, this would be my first one, but one of my dreamies is a hawk 250. Which it might have to stay a dream, because I’m kinda short 5’3” almost 4”, 285LB, Inseam is about 29inches. I was gonna get and learn about Bikes. I’m also having trouble deciding if I want a magician or a hawk, due to size. Since I’m so big I’m hoping that the hawk will sink down enough....but please let me know if there’s like a lowering thing. I’m going to check out this bike tomorrow because I just want to see if I can fit it. I don’t have the intention of buying honestly but there’s an off chance I might be missing out? He says nothings wrong with it. There’s literally no hawks or anything around my area, or any dealerships that sell them. I’m in North Carolina.

https://imgur.com/gallery/xM8y2Q4

He says there’s nothing wrong with it but the battery needs replacing and something about the passenger railing being broken off...and then....I saw the pictures. Iiiiiiii don’t know about that. I need you hawk geeks and riders to use your scopes and help me out here. Don’t wanna get scammed. Seems like a repair rust bucket to me!

Edit: if you can’t see the photos I’ve hidden them. The conclusion: he got called out for being a scammer and wasn’t happy about it. Lol.

Last edited by retro; 06-05-2020 at 08:53 AM.