View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #22

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhyak

Show me a link, or a photo or something? Just curious if this is all just talk, or someone actually has a REAL GREY Market bike.
To me, if it was up to American Lifan, all Chinese bikes would be considered "grey" unless it was an American Lifan brand bike (that seems to be the vagueness they are trying to use PR to their benefit--insinuating all bikes from China are "grey" unless they sell it).

You also have to consider the regional characters involved. Carroll Shelby, born and raised in Texas, was and is known for alot of "Texas tall tales." American Lifan, combining PR to those who don't know much about Chinese bikes, again, insinuate that any bike not badged as an American Lifan, is grey. See, using tall tales.

That leaves out, you for instance with your Tank product. What about all the Shineray owners? Jetmoto? Zongshen? To me, and it seems like you are (conveniently thanks to AL) confused about the issue, too. That's just what AL wants us to think!

Buy a Hooper! Much less complicated--problem solved :wink:
If you want to solve the problem,quit griping just to gripe and let the newbies know about sellers who imported thier bikes improperly never caring if the buyer could registure it or get parts for them.If you want to get mad at someone,get mad at the one's who brought in these bike's improperly and will not stand behind what they sold once they took your money.I'm not against online sellers.I think hooper and vbikes.us stand behind what they sell and care about the customers even after they have received their bikes,so it's should not be about online versus b&m stores.It should be about who complied with the laws and gave the customer what they paid for.