Thread: Availability?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 09:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Racer View Post
Customs can take a while..... possibly with the virus they are letting containers sit for some time just to cook off the virus and play it safe.
How long is a while? I had always thought it was less than a week. I know most of my stuff I've ordered from overseas passed customs in under 3 days and when DHL was used by the shipper, it never waited. It's like there's a DHL only line and they just pass it through.

I understand this is for containers, which is different than a store shipping, but dang.. If anything, you would think containers would fly by customs.. open the doors to verify what's in there or xray it. Have a dog take a sniff then pass it along. And I don't see how sitting at the docks will cook the covid... it's been sitting on a freighter for probably weeks.

At this point, all I can do is wait... I just don't like it that my kid has to wait so long. When I ordered it in the beginning of May, I told him by the end of the month, since that's what I was told. At least he's being patient . As in I give him an update every week and he just says "Thanks dad, I don't mind waiting. I know it'll eventually get here."