Thread: Availability?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 08:47 AM   #10

Usually when I buy crap from China it will sit in customs on the China side for a week... another week on the US side. I think the days of products slipping right through customs might be over. With it being a container with gas powered/emissions related stuff inside might add some time with paperwork and all that is involved. With China getting back to work and filling the backlogs I can imagine customs being backed up a bit.

I would say give it a week or so.... If you are not comfortable with it get your money back. When you try to order another ATV call the seller and make sure they have it in stock and the color you want before you buy. If they don't even pick up the phone .......see that as a red flag as to the middle and after sales service you will receive. That is how I ended up using TXpowersports. They were one of the few that actually picked up the phone.

Used atv's can be a pile of pain... stolen... parts no longer made for them... the name brand ones are generally way more complex.... and on par with working on a car. If you can get parts they are a bit pricey. That is how I ended up with a new Rhino after a couple months searching Craigslist it was the best bet.

If you look on Craigslist there are a couple of vendors in this region that sell TaoTao's just over the boarder in PA and down around Baltimore. Might be worth giving them a call. They don't have websites where they ship nationally and might have a couple sitting around on the sales floor. When I was looking I checked out a used car dealership on 40 around NorthEast and Elkton ... was good to see them in person but they jacked up the price way too high and wouldn't budge.