View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 01:54 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiptieJonez View Post
Being employed by a dealer, we're being rationed. For starters, there was a back up because of the first shut down. They opened the ports but closed them back again(to my understanding). In between, the warehouses had to be stocked, so not only were we waiting for the ports to open and everything checked in and out, we were waiting on shipping to the warehouse. After that, inventory must be taken and systems updated, and that can take time as well. Then you have to hope you get in early enough to even get a unit(s). Then you have to wait for shipping again.

We *wish* we had inventory right now. It can't be looking good for some dealers. We've even considered other brands we don't usually roll with because it's gotten so hard to get anything.

There is not a conspiracy by the dealers here, and that line of thinking does absolutely no one any good.
I say you're speculating based on what I've been seeing.

If the problem was a Port issue, Tao wouldn't be shipping anything. I've been seeing mostly helmets coming in weekly to different customers in the US and Canada.

Here's the master BoL for the top one listed. ONEYNB0BF8901600 If you want to track it, you can.. using the below link, but drop the 1st 4 characters... so use: NB0BF8901600

http://ecomm.one-line.com/ecom/CUP_HOM_3301.do?redir=Y

Tao vehicles have been going to Canada... Sorry but I can't give you any of the BoLs because I didn't save them, when I saw them. And because I'm using a free service, I can only see the latest BoL as they get posted. The post them in groups of 3.

I don't know what Tao USA is telling their dealers here, but someone not communicating.... either it's Tao USA to the dealers or the dealers aren't telling their customer.. I say this based on my what I've learned from watching these shipments. Also because back in mid May, I ordered a scooter. But before I ordered, I was able to speak with a guy at BV Powersports, who is the US distributor for Trailmaster.

Remember this was back in mid May. The guy from BV powersports told me they already had a schedule on when the next shipment for the specific scooter model I was looking for. Told me it the 2020 model was scheduled to be shipped in mid June. He was 100% right. I think it was the 3rd week of June, he got his shipment in.

If someone tells you products are being quarantined for Covid, that's total BS! Don't believe anything else that comes out of their mouth. Products that are shipped in don't get quarantined because of Covid. Even if they left port with covered in the Coronavirus, by the time (Average time from China to the west coast of US is 2 weeks) it got to port here, it would be dead.

I don't thing most freight containers are even opened for inspection. Based on tracking information, I'm seeing containers offloaded and going straight to rail for delivery to the end customer.

As for why Tao China isn't sending any vehicles to the USA, I have no idea. All I know is that I've seen BoLs for vehicles they've shipped.. again, they've been going to Canada. It's not many, but they are sending them. Last week I saw, I think, 2 containers marked as electric rec vehicles and 1 container marked as off road vehicles marked for Tao Canada. They also got a container of helmets too.

BTW, here's the summary on that BoL I listed above

Date
2020-07-23
Shipper Name
Zhejiang Taotao Vehicles Co., Ltd.
Shipper Address
NO 6 XINMIN RD XINBI ST JINYUN COUNTY LISHUI CHINA
Consignee Name
Teng Chang Inc.
Consignee Address
1326 W 9TH ST UPLAND CA 91786
Notify Party Name
Teng Chang Inc.
Notify Party Address
9520 7TH ST.UNIT E,RANCHO, CUCAMONGA,CA 91730
Weight
Weight Unit
KG
Weight in KG
Quantity
Quantity Unit
CTN
Measure
Measure Unit
CM
Shipment Origin
China
Details
4,827.0 kg
From port: Tokyo, Japan
To port: The Port of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
Place of Receipt
Ningbo
Foreign Port of Lading
Tokyo, Japan
U.S. Port of Unlading
The Port of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
U.S. Destination Port
The Port of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
Commodity
HELMETS SHIPPER'S LOAD COUNT & SEALED "THIS SHIPMENT DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY SOLID WOOD PACK ING MATERIAL"
Container
CAIU9038797
Marks Description
MADE IN CHINA
Carrier Name
ORIENT EXPRESS CONTAINER CO LTD
Vessel Name
NYK OCEANUS
Voyage Number
063E
Bill of Lading Number
OERT215701J05619
Master Bill of Lading Number
ONEYNB0BF8901600
Lloyd's Code
HTS Codes
HTS 6506.10

Oh.. if you want to see where the ship that's carrying this container is currently located..
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...el:NYK_OCEANUS

I can't remember if marinetraffic shows travel history of the ships for their free service, but there are some sites online that do show history.. That's the reason I know these shipments take about 2 weeks from China to the US.