View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 12:49 AM   #29

So here we go.... My good friends and neighbors travel a lot. While we are "stay home folks", but they are always in a plane. Retired, young-ish (late 50's) and have friends and family all over the states and globe.

Early February, they came back from visiting their daughter in West Virginia. We partied when they got home, bbq'd, big hugs, bonfire, etc.... Then about a week after getting home, they both got violently ill. Fever, sinuses, respiratory, the runs, etc.... Bad cough that lasted for weeks, They steered clear of us due to all my health issues.

Then...about a week later, I got sick. Not as bad as them. Fever, chest congestion, sinus crap....the usual. I ate a lot of Emergen-C, zinc, tons of vitamin C, and gallons of water, like I usually do. Being five years on oral chemo, I take no chances.

So, two weeks ago, they take the Covid anti-body test. Come to find out, they tested positive. At this point, having "underlying health conditions", I contacted my Dr. and asked for the anti-body test. I got some blood sucked the next day. All was good.

Well, hoping I'd have this behind me, the test came up negative for Covid-19 antibodies. Apparently....I had just got some bug that was going around when I had my fever and screwed up lungs.

Dammit. I was really hoping I'd already taken this ride and was in the clear.
Back to living in a shell..... Fortunately, I live in the sticks and our local bubble is very small.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350