View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 11:27 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Its been a month since I tested positive, so I will give a little summary.
-Normal allergy/cold symptoms for about 5 days after positive test.
-Cough and fever hit after 5 days. Sweats and chills most of the night for 5 nights or so.
-Cough got WORSE for 5 days after the fever was done. I could hardly speak a word without starting a coughing fit.
-After the cough subsided, my wind pipe has still been sore every day. Its a wierd soreness that I have never experienced.
-Be careful and don't catch this pesky virus.
Crazy! How is your mind lately, as you mentioned your cognition seemed to be messed with? You not mentioning it in your post means your brain is fine, or you forgot to mention it

I had a bad cough months ago, but over the course of 3 months, tested negative. My son and I work at the same employer. They offered free testing the day after Memorial Day. The lab and/or the clinic messed up results, so word got out that if you didn't hear from them, contact them directly (as opposed to internet log-in) but those with positive results would be contacted. My son missed a call from them, and a few weeks later, probably when I started this post, he developed a really bad cough. He went to the urgent care and tested again. He came back positive, which is what the clinic was trying to get hold of him for weeks earlier. That is all he had; no fever, aches, anything. Just a bad cough. I took several days off work and before he got his results we stayed in the old Silver Streak trailer out back that my wife used to use as her art playhouse. At any rate, I was negative once more and my son got over his cough. Fast forward to early August, and my work offered antibody testing. I was upset my son did not take advantage because I wanted to see if he really had COVID to confirm or dispute all the news about false negatives, false positives, and antibody testing not accurate, etc. My antibody test came back negative. It seems that there were many people here in Yuma who were asymptomatic. I had been told at work by the OHN that I had been possibly exposed by one of my co-workers, later figured out by us to be a supervisor. He left work on March 27 feeling really ill, and we never saw him again until his wake on June 1. None of us in the office area where we worked together got COVID since late March, early April. It seems there are numerous asymptomatic cases, at least down here. But it makes me think where the people I know, such as a my co-worker or my son caught it. My theory is that my son hangs out with his co-workers in the border town, San Luis, AZ and just across the border in San Luis, Rio Colorado, Sonora, Mexico was/is a hotspot, and my co-worker lived there and traveled across the border often as many people who live in San Luis, AZ do for shopping, medical care, visiting family, etc.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard