View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 04:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Pretty sure that is a taotao corporate office address. Veloz,killermotorsports, superiorpowersports, and a few others all lead to that address. I think taotao bought up a bunch of old business names under the Veloz name. As far as I can tell they are the worst of the worst. There is a whole lot of people that have been waiting months for refunds, titles, parts and vehicles. Only their sales line works. I was assured they had plenty in stock when I ordered a unit. Then I was told through email that it had shipped. A week later they emailed me it was out of stock. Then they tried to upsell me to a unit that shows in stock, but I'm 100% certain they have no stock of that unit. They don't respond to emails, they don't pick up the phone. You have to trick the new sales department to talk to anyone. I would stay far away. I have no interest in taotao products at all if this is how they let "other companies" operate that distribute their product. Even if you get a refund they tell you it takes 12 days. No where else in the business world have I ever seen it take that long for a refund. I did a dispute instead of letting my money be held hostage by these scammers. If you are lucky enough to get something shipped to you good luck getting the title. I ordered from powersportsmax and have a delivery later today and so far it has been night and day difference from Veloz.
With superiorpowersports.com, I had exactly - I mean exactly - the same experience. Told it was shipped, weeks later it was out of stock, assured refund was coming - never came.

I did some digging, and the parent company, Veloz, appears to be an independent American importer that owns killermotorsports.com, superiorpowersports.com. They are registered to this address - 2201 LUNA RD STE B, CARROLLTON, TX, 75006. Here's the phone number : 9722476009, 2146353980. The director/president is JIANXING SU.

As near as I can tell, Jianxing Su is operating under a fraudulent shell corporation. He's set up https://taomotor.com/, which claims that taotaomotor.com is its "parent corporation.". Legally, this makes no sense. Taotaomotor is a huge Chinese manufacturer, not a holding company with majority shares in American companies. The crude taomotor.com web page - riddled with English mistakes - is nothing like the real taotao's slick and well-written web page : http://www.taotaomotor.com/company/

I suppose somebody should call the Texas DA as this looks like a case of massive wire fraud.