View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 08:36 PM   #6

I went about it as luck tite the important stuff.. found out about 1000 miles in I should have applied it to EVERYTHING!
Nothing bad happened but some different and minor stuff came loose all in the same like three weeks so I was going back over things. Mainly it was just causing little buzzes and resonances that were annoying. I added extra washers to things like the rear passenger footpeg hinges etc to tighten it up a little and get rid of some noises.
I would recommend changing the stock chain right off the rip before you fully assemble it. I did not have good luck with the stock chain. I would adjust it and it seemed to just stretch and stretch and was a huge annoyance. Put on an aftermarket chain which now has more mileage than the stock one got and have only adjusted it once.
It will be an excellent bike. You'll want to get in a rush to assemble, but honestly just really take your time and do things as best as you can, and you'll end up with something even better and not have to fiddle as much 500-1000 miles down the road.