View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 05:42 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCoY View Post
Well I bought my Hawk 250 (Not DLX) about a month ago. Was just told today at the DMV that it's "Not street legal" and will need to go the "Unconventional vehicle" route. I THINK they need two different stickers on the bike but I have no idea where to find them on the bike. Any info on this is really appreciated.

(I'm in Colorado by the way)
You won't find the stickers. They are for street-legal motorcycles, which the Hawk 250 is not. I try to warn people in CO to NOT buy the regular Hawk (but I have heard of the 'unconventional route' which might take months if not a year from what I recall someone from CO discussing, so there might be hope). The Hawk 250 is certified by the EPA as an 'Offroad dirtbike' (vs. the DLX which is EPA/DOT certified as an 'On-highway motorcycle'). The MCO does come with 'Motorcycle' (vs. 'Dirtbike) written on it which might pass muster in some states to get it registered and street plated, but I have seen a few members from CO who researched getting Hawks plated, and I don't ever recall anyone having done so there. It might take a lot less than a year or even 1/2 year, so don't quote me on that. I guess you will be the Guinea pig. Since the bike does come with all street equipment, you have major conversion stuff out of the way already. It might be fairly streamlined. Keep us in the loop!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard