View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 07:30 AM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Will CO authorities raise red flags if you are riding around with a CO license on a SD plated bike? I do know that California will hassle people which is why most '49 state' bikes are never imported to that state with out-of-state plates with an owner attempting that loophole. I do know that Vermont will issue plates fairly liberally as someone attested to above, and I believe there is one more US state that I cannot remember off the top of my head who plate anything.
There's a national-level law that you can have a vehicle registered in one state, and have your license and/or insurance from another. It's basically what allows snowbirds to drive their RV's all over everywhere on their Arizona licenses. The only catch is that you can't have everything from a different state; i.e. you can't have Arizona registration with a North Dakota License and insurance from Texas. Two of the three must be from the same state. I'm a personal testament to this. I have Arizona insurance and registration, but still have my GA license since it makes sense with my investment properties back there. Purely a business benefit, but there you have it.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up