View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 08:39 PM   #360

I have seen zero about roller tipped rockers for the CG250. You installed a pair. How well do they work? You mentioned different push rods. Are they necessary to use the roller rockers?
How do you set the cam timing on the CG. I can't see the timing marks on the SG250 that I am working on. What is the trick to see the timing marks?
I have never split one before, so am in murky waters as far as I am concerned. Don't know if I have to remove the cluch basket etc to gain access to the gears inside the case. I just need to remove some bits of a HeliCoil that broke off and hopefully put it back together. I got the roller rockers on a whim figuring they'd cut friction. New cam too, just because it was a low cost option. From the same ali source I think you used. Any pointers on installing the rockers & cam? I have not taken the case apart yet, but will soonly and then put in the cam & rockers. Just no doc to work from...
tom

Added: Have you gotten the bigger cylinder yet? I understand a different crankshaft is necessary. Could be wrist pin diameter, or the actual piston weight imbalance normally incurred with BBKs.
tom

Last edited by grumpyunk; 11-09-2020 at 12:15 PM. Reason: add