View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 12:58 PM   #2

Good subject matter as it is taken for granted 'everyone knows how to do this' but some people are new to dual-sports. Not to mention, these need changing more often than other bikes. Heck, these engines can take quite a lot of abuse, but for insurance, it is best to change the oil every 600 to 1000 miles. I had a TMEC 200 dual-sport (still have the carcass) and that bike recommended 1 liter of oil (vs. the more common 1 quart) and I actually found 1 liter 4 stroke motor oil at O'Reilly's (in AZ, not sure what the store is in other parts of the country) that I don't recall the make--maybe Mobil? I changed mine once a month since I only really used the bike to commute daily, and put on around 600 to 700 miles a month. It might have been overkill (time between changes and brand of oil=$ vs. Rotella), but I got 2 yrs out of the bike which was about 20 months post accident that had wrecked a bit of stuff on the bike and eventually led to stuff falling off and not usable. I liked to continue using it as a kind of experiment to see how many miles I could get out of a wrecked bike (I got about 10,000 miles post-accident ) I could have asked for a new bike from insurance, but that is another story for another time.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard