View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 03:19 AM   #110

Thats A Wrap

So...had to tweak the header pipe bend radius tighter and a slight upkick to prevent the pipe making contact with the clutch cable lower adjustment and pivot.

the area that needed tweak was too close the exit flange to make a blow torch heat up and bend attempt possible...well with my equipment at hand.

Opted to use a grinder with a cut off wheel and basically did a semi pie cut, bend and shut approach.

Had to visualize in my mind how it would turn out before going ahead as there was no going back...fortunately my arts training back in the day seems to have paid off.

Welder practice and grinding finesse as per usual.

Reused the Honda heat shield so welded new mounting nuts to the CG250 header pipe.

Applied VHT very high temp paint as protection.

First attempt at fiber glass header wrapping. 1 ebay roll 2" wide was just enough to do the whole header pipe. soaked the roll in water and worked from the back to front so the overlap isn't as effected by wind and wipe outs moving forwards.

Install some bolts into the heat shield mounts to keep the holes clear and wrap over the bolts piercing the wrap if necessary.

zip ties for temporary fixing if needed doubled up on the metal zip ties final fix.

Wear gloves and not you best clothes, the glass fiber will get around and cause an itch. Soaking the roll helps but its more so for helping the wrap shrink down onto the pipe when it dries.
Attached Images

Last edited by XLsior; 02-04-2021 at 09:03 PM.