View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 05:32 PM   #8

I think I have the same windscreen as you. I have a pic of my bike with most of my current mods, minus the crash guards on it (I'll get a pic of that when the weather cleans up & I remount them ~ I took them off last trail ride b/c they don't work off-road very well, since I built them to serve as both a crash guard & "highway bar", so sticks & stuff gets caught on them on skinny trails). The embedded pic is an older one too. Haven't taken any recents.

As for the hand guards. I went with something different... & as a side note, since the mounting mechanism on the throttle side caused my throttle to stick, I used red threadlock to hold the nut in place on the mounting bolt inside of the grip, so I retained the spring function on my throttle ~ this was a trial & error fix.

Handguards:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On a side note, I also carry the stuff linked below when I ride, b/c I don't have a lot of ethanol-free gas stations around my area (esp. around the mountains / foothills I like to ride in), & I hate cleaning out gummed up carbs (due to running ethanol gas). Carrying an enzyme-concentrate gives me the freedom to use "regular (ethanol) gas" in a pinch. Since we're talking "mods", I figured this would be notable.

Fuel Enzymes:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

**Edit** The rear bag looks off b/c I have it strapped in such a way that I can remove it easy, but when it's strapped, it's secure. The rear bag doubles as a backpack. When I go for rides I often also take day hiking trips. I plan to change out my rear bag soon & just start either wearing a backpack or rolling it up inside a bigger rear bag & packing it when I get to my trail.

Last edited by JOAMON; 02-06-2021 at 06:08 PM.