View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 04:34 AM   #115

PZ30B Won't Fit Captain.

So the original pz27 that came with the honda installed on the CG250 in frame fitted.

But The PZ30B is a chunky unit and the actuator peripherals appear to foul on the frame no matter what inlet manifold I try to use. I even purchased another 30mm inlet manifold that was a bit shorter than the Honda original and tried shaving the face to make the angle enough to squeeze the carb in...

No good...

Chopped a bit off useless bracket on that actuator side but still collided with the frame.

I have my limits and though I considered it, I am not keen on drilling and tapping new new mount points on the head for a possible manifold position that might* allow PZ30B clearance.

I looked at a universal adapter plates but the issue is they would likely put the carb uneven and only appear to be in sizes for more longitudinal 150cc and under engines which makes sense.

Its a very specific fit and my now 3 inlet manifolds just can't make it happen.

Appears I have to get another Carb and because I would prefer to keep the Honda choke cable, the bracket is required.

Which to me suggest a plain Jane PZ30...There might be alternatives but I don't won't to kill my wallet chasing performance when I am still just a rookie rider. however am open to alternative suggestions.

Bit of a let down but not every thing just works on a project bike.

Side note, had my first lesson and things went well, another session tomorrow and i'll have my learner permit.
Attached Images