View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 04:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
i have an issue with my x20's with that similar sound. i have to keep chain on the tight side(not too tight) to avoid chain hitting the front sprocket cover on the lower side of it where is leaves to the rear sprocket when enough tension has developed in the chain, especially if you have a larger sprocket on it. i have contemplated on grinding off an inch or two on lower part of cover where the chain makes contact making clink clunk noise...this maybe a tangent problem for me but yours sounds very similar to my noise....after i take the play out of the chain to the tight side sound goes away, and i usually adjust jtr h2 chain 3 times from new. would take a few min to remove front sprocket cover and test ride to see if that's it....
So I have the same problem on our Vader a high pitched buzzing vibrating . I took the sprokrt cover off and drove it and it it's vibration free. Closer inspection shows where the chain is rubbingthr bottom of the cover..I'm going to grind off a inch ,That should fix it. vader 125-15 thought you would like to know your not alone.
Good luck,
Wolf