View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 12:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spins View Post
Hum.. I’ve got a RXB230L in my shopping cart right now. I’ve been considering something with a little more grunt and better suspension than my Brozz. But I need it street legal. Florida based here.

Is the Hawk plate-able in Florida?
RedCrowRides is in Florida and recently purchased a RXB250L which I recall he plated with no issues there. Hawks are still plated there, too. I am guessing Florida is one of many states that plate converted dirtbikes as long as there is a minimum of street equipment. Dealers, probably distributors like RPS, have been sending out MCOs with the word 'Motorcycle' printed on them which helps in the cases of bikes like the Hawk, Orion RXB, and Pister Pro/GPX which come with full street equipment but are technically classified as 'off-road dirtbikes' on the same EPA list that certifies ATVs, side-by-sides, actual dirtbikes with zero street equipment, etc. (it's a long list of vehicles; much longer than the EPA/DOT list of 'on-highway bikes' which is quite long itself). Unless Florida went 'green' over the new year (like when laws that were signed and whatnot go into effect on New Year's Day) I can say with 99.9% certainty you will have no issues getting a plate in Florida. But PM RedCrowRides and have him join the discussion here so he can clarify what he did. I am sure others here on the fence in your state would be interested as well.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard