View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 07:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
They are hit or miss, BUT I don't recall anyone actually feeling 'dirty' dealing with them in the same way some here feel about dealing with Manny or one of his Texas dealerships such as TXPowersports. In a bit of fairness, there have been people who had straight-forward dealings with one of the Manny stores (he has a few in Texas), but some have had negative experiences.

Powersportsmax has not been as controversial overall, but does have a few detractors, including one angry member not too long ago. I have a feeling your Lifan will be fine. Most products are drop-shipped from the distributor no matter the retailer purchased from, and a lot of the bad blood comes from the transport company. I think whoever delivers from Lifan's HQ has been good.
That’s great!! Thank you for the insight into this company.

Now I just have to do some reading up on what to do with the bike when it arrives.

I know I need to use some Rotella oil, change it often at first. Maybe do a valve clearance adjustment. Check chain tension. Check for any loose nuts and bolts. I assume PowersportsMax assemblies them well though?

Chain tension used to get me on my old bikes all the time. I’ve actually thrown a chain on my old Ninja ZX-7. Went to pour it on to pass a car, got out along side them and vroom!!!! Redline and slowing down. Ha ha ha. Got it back on and rode home in embarrassment. Ha ha