View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 05:18 PM   #1

HELLCAT improvements

I had purchased an oil cooler as a kit but when I got to see it, I was not impressed with the construction. I decided to put together a mix of parts myself. I did use the steel braided line from the kit which was ID 6 MM. Using the angle iron that came with the bike (frame cage) I fashioned some down supports which mount to the airbox mounting holes and a cross member (flat sheet steel Simpson steel ties Home Depot) to attach the cooler. I used a grinder to shape the pieces, a jig saw with steel cutting blade, and a drill to make the mounting pieces. The cooler I re-purposed from my HAWK and it came with M12 8mm inlet banjos so I had to find some M12 6mm inlet banjo fittings. The adapter plate from ebay (which can now be found on amazon too) has an odd M10 1.25 pitch and a search revealed only M10 by 1.0 banjo bolts. I located some M10 1.25 brake line fitting bolts (with rubber gasket seals) I got to work with the M10 6mm banjo fittings. There is a kit on Amazon pretty much what I have assembled here at a fair price.

The adapter splits the oil off from the head under pressure through the oil cooler returning to the head. Hoping it will come in handy for slow speed riding this summer.

Last edited by China Rider 27; 06-28-2021 at 10:38 PM.