View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 07:28 PM   #6

If you pay attention to the above advice, you will have gained from their cumulative years of experience without all the trials and tribulations that they made when they were starting to ride. I agree with them that leaving it 'factory' for a while, getting it and you broken into each other to the point where you are comfortable in most situations is good advice that will maximize your learning and comfort. IOW wait a bit before you try to turn the SG into something it was not designed to do. Perhaps consider it as a starter that you leave as-is, and then pass on to the next owner if/when you feel the need for more speed and power.
I have been riding on and off since ~1970, so have a few miles on the clock, and find that faster is not always more fun. If you are always riding at 9/10ths, you miss the show as you have to pay so much attention to grip, cornering, etc. Slower can be just as much fun and maybe more engaging at times.
tom

edit added...
I have a 2019 CSC SG250 and the only thing I am considering is some carb fiddling. I'd rather be riding than mucking around looking for that last bit of performance and that tiny tenth of a hp...