View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 08:26 AM   #9

I didn't use a separate switch b/c some of the bikes I've ridden before have a headlight switch on the right control, so it seemed natural to me. Eventually I may rewire the hazards into a kill switch (something like THIS switch), which would be more normal, & use a separate (or custom) switch on the left side for the fogs.

As for using hazards for taking calls, I have a rule that I don't take calls while I'm driving (even in a car), so I'd either pull into a parking lot or check my phone for calls at stops, so the hazards don't help there....
and as for going uphill while maintaining speed... I only use this bike for cruising around town and a little O.R. fun. I have bigger bikes for highway riding.

All fair & valid points, but if any use this bike as I do, then they may want to repurpose the hazards as I did. As a side note, I intentionally bypassed the inline "diode" for my purposes.

Spins:
If you like the hazards, why not add a 2nd switch & rig that with the existing hazard wires, then grab a right control (like the one "idle" listed) & rewire it for ignition & kill switch? I'll eventually be doing the same thing, but instead of hazards being my secondary control, it'll be my fogs.