View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 06:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
My pleasure.. it was a guess when i ordered it whether it would contour to the shape of the tail rack and i was pleasantly surprised when it came..
I havent measured but its prob at least 7-8" and i have it pretty filled up..
portable battery jump start, expandable backpack, shades, bungee cord, some small tools, etc.. I didnt use the straps it came with, instead i attached using zip ties to the fabric grab rails on the sides of the bag and then attached to the tail rack frame.. (see attached pic)
I thank you for putting me into this type of bag. To be honest , with all the bags that Amazon offers, I was just looking at the pictures, and dismissed bags like that ad too small. I have 3 different bags in my Amazon cart , and am leaning toward one just like you showed me, but just a hair bigger, and just a couple bucks more. Thanks. https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Sa.../dp/B07K3ZX19Z. https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Ta.../dp/B07T8DL7RP. It is between these two,and the one you recommend. I like the one that is a slightly larger version of the one you recommend, but I'm a little suspicious by the fact that it doesn't claim to be waterproof, but instead water repellent, and it comes with a bag that covers it . I like the size of the one in the second link, but it may be more bulky. I don't know which to get .I think it's going to either be the one you have, or the bulkier one. I have decided to edit this post because ,upon better reading of Amazons descriptions of all these bags, I think they are all "pretty waterproof" ,The bulky one states that is may get contents wet in a heavy rain, and the other two come with covers that leads me to think that they are also in the "mostly waterproof" catagory as well. I will not be riding in the rain if I can avoid it,so I think I will just order the slightly bigger $29.00 bag. Thanks

Last edited by Bill Hilly; 03-14-2021 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Add links to add content