View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 10:27 PM   #1

Brozz 250 Fine Tuning

For any wondering about how to kick up the Brozz 250's power, gut your CAT & get a slip-on exhaust. Holy crap! I already had the CAT & part of my OEM muffler gutted (& exhaust wrap / tape), but with the new exhaust, I can not only hold my speed up hills, but also GAIN speed (w/ a 39t rear sprocket ~ not the 37t I had on previously); I'm 6' 9" & 240 lbs, btw.
(*Edit* I can hold my speed in 5th, whereas the previous exhaust system I still had to downshift to hold my speed up moderate grades; but the previous exhaust mod gave me noticeable power thru the first 3 gears).

Also... if anyone is trying to figure out how to "smooth" their shifts, try Lucas Oil Stabilizer (for motorcycles). I wasn't expecting much when I added a half bottle today, but holy crap! The Brozz shifts d*mn near like Jap dual-sport now! REAL smooth (both up & down), plus, no more "gritty" feeling in the engine at high speeds!

Between the exhaust & the Lucas, I can now cruise (comfortably) at 55-60 mph for HOURS (6 hrs, so far, is my longest, continual ride), with no hand tingly / numbness (from vibration). Got the bike up a little over 70 mph (GPS) today. I'm gonna try for a "downhill" run on the highway tomorrow, to push for 75 (I'd be REALLY surprised, but here's hoping).

New Exhaust

Attached Point

Exhaust Tape & Wrap to New Muffler

Old Muffler (sawzalled that sucker off at the taper point)