View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 07:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
The EGL A16 250cc is a true 250cc engine and the EGL A15 230cc is a clone of the CFR230F engine. Many performance parts such as cams, forged pistons and heads from the CFR230F will swap right over and can possible get more hp than the 250. The 250 may not have as many. If you plan on keeping stock i would just go with the 250cc.

Thanks for the reply! I was looking to get a bike for myself (6,1” 230lbs) and my 16 year old son (5’11” 170lbs). I’ve been on street bikes my whole adult life. My son has never been on a bike before ever so I will be teaching him. I wanted this to be something we could get into and see if we like without breaking the bank. I had originally intended on the 230 for my son and the 250 for myself. I would like the ability to upgrade the exhaust, carb if needed - were at high altitude, and maybe the sprockets.

If we end up liking this hobby I would likely sell the bikes in a year or two and get something Japanese for us. Unless these turn out to be great bikes then there probably no issues keeping them. I’m more concerned about parts long term. So if I can order a Honda compatible exhaust or Honda whatever and it will bolt up the 230 might be able to produce more hp and performance long term. I am not in favor of one or the other at the moment I just wanted to spend my money wisely so we can grow with the bikes if need be.