Thread: Rpoc
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 12:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
that would be the key. The use for them. As long as travel is in the 50-60 range the Ural would be good for you. keep in mind that Urals (at least based on history) require a fair amount of owner-tinkering, much like china bikes do. Cheesy might have better insights on that.

what kind of Harley are you considering putting a sidecar on vs trike? with larger cruisers, which are very heavy, smaller sidecars create some hazards with regard to handling. I had a Kawi Nomad I put my first sidecar on. it was a less expensive and lighter weight one and it was not stable enough for my liking. we could help you some with sidecar choices if you decide to go that direction with the Harley.

BTW...my saying is..."Sidecars are not for the faint of wallet". a sidecar implementation will be about comparable in price as a trike conversion. if you do it the frugal route finding a nice used unit and getting it mounted properly, you're talking a minimum of about 8 grand.

The Harley in question is my 2001 Softail Deuce
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)