View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 01:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I love my Hawk, but I would take the TT250 in a second. There is more to it than spec sheets. The 300 watt stator isn't that expensive through CSC if it did fail for whatever reason. The rear wheel hub is a better design and the bolt on sprocket is going to be more durable long term. Both bikes have the same crappy swing arm design, but the TT250 does have a better factory rear shock. The front forks are on the higher end of the Chinese fork spectrum and actually have some adjustability to them. Rim quality is better... In fact, most of the parts quality is just that next step up, as is the quality control. I have had the pleasure of riding and being around both bikes more than once. The TT250 is still a cheap bike, but it's worth the extra cost IMHO.
Thanks Megadan, I was hoping you would reply but didn't want to call you out specifically.

I'm still confused why everywhere I've found specs says the tt250 is 40-60 lbs heavier than the hawk. That extra weight really puts me off when I'll be hitch carrying this for thousands of miles...

Also according to sellers:

The Hawk has 300 miles, 17-40 sprockets, new chain, nibbi carb/intake/air filter, new slip on exhaust, and new battery.

The TT250 has 3000 miles, lowered/flattened saddle, folding tip shifter, new chain, new tires, brush guards, re-jetted carb, taller sprockets. Claims 70mph.