View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 12:36 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
I too often print motorcycle parts, accessories and tools!

Although on the valve adjustments, I bought the Motion Pro tool to adjust the valves, hold them and tighten the locknut. I've used it on no less than 4 machines. It's worth it's weight in stamped steel.
I'm going to have to look into that tool - the printed piece does work for the gap, but yeah can't hold the setting and tighten the lock nut! And of course the local auto shop doesn't have any - order only. I have an STL for the swing arm chain guide and the rear chain guide insert. Getting my ABS down first!

Thanks again everyone - I'm finding little caveats that kinda wig me out sometimes - all the time. Like when the clutch lever went flying off for no reason lol THAT was fun - on the road too!

Got it all right this time - took little time like usual, just had to play with it for a bit to get it just right. Ended up keeping the first gap size I used, .002in for the intake, .003in exhaust. She taps! But not like before sheesh lol just a nice tap happy engine! The new coil and CDI are definitely a keeper! Started on the first spark, had to warm up a bit on a cold start as usual, but no issues at all! Just my jumping to worst case scenario as usual.. My first bike I literally had to do everything for maintenance. Don't mind it at all, I like the dirt and such. Just not a true 'grease monkey' just yet lol So yeah kind of a false alarm

All ready for the ride tomorrow!

Trying to find some riders around my area too - are there any posts about group rides??