View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 08:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I stick to OEM Honda replacements where possible. 90128-ke2-940 is the part number. I order mine from Partzilla https://www.partzilla.com/product/ho...hoCjuIQAvD_BwE

A good serrated flange grade 10.9 Metric nut from the hardware store will do just fine on the other end along with some blue loctite to make sure they stay in place. (The OEM Honda units come with the factory Honda Green (Equivalent of blue) on them already.) Torque to 30-35lb-ft.

All of that being said, I haven't heard of too many Brozz owners having an issue with theirs. Usually it's just the Hawks and I think 2 TBR7's that I have seen have a problem. I am not saying it isn't worth doing for peace of mind though.
I had just assumed that if the Hawk had the issue of breaking them ,then the Brozz would as well. I never intentionally abuse my bike, but I think I have operated it for a while when I first got it with the chain too tight. I was mainly wanting to reduce the risk of being stranded . If I don't have to replace the studs' then I would rather not. I just thought that they were bad to break, and it was just a matter of time before they broke. Thanks