View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 08:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
Hey folks, newbie here.....please be gentle as I'm old and fragile. I am also looking at the new Orion, but the whole buying process, no listed phone number, just message and wait seems fishy as hell to me. The bike according to them is being built by the same folks that produce some of the GPX models, specifically the smaller 250. I asked them who was producing it for them, and they said they could not tell me because of their "disclosure agreement" with the factory. I would think it would be on the paperwork somewhere?? I asked if it was a Nicot Moto, or a Chongqing Bull and they wouldn't answer at all. But did say they are not produced by XMoto any longer. According to Henner, the new Zong engine in it is so new, there are virtually NO parts to be had for it. Importers are getting complete engines and tearing them down to fulfill parts orders. Same motor in the GPX 250E, and S. Lots of red flags for my simple self..... Looking at other brands, making a purchase within a couple weeks.
Orion is a one-shop store as far as the Orion-branded bikes go. Numerous members have had great luck buying both Orion and other brands' bikes through them. The 'old' Orion has had nothing but great reviews, so I couldn't imagine the new one NOT being a good bike, if not much better.

You probably couldn't go wrong with the GPX lineup, either, so there are a few bikes available through them that are close enough to being the 'real deal' (as far as Chinese bikes go).

The OEM Kayo has been discussed as being a possible OEM for Pitster/GPX bikes, or at least a few of them. Kayo now offers their own biikes where they were seemingly going to go head to head with the Pitster/GPX bikes and the Orion bikes. The T4 bike is intriguing, but is offered as a 230cc engine although it has a 6-speed transmission. https://www.ridekayo.com/ditbikes

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard