Thread: TaoTao Battery
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 01:49 PM   #1

TaoTao Battery

HI Everyone.

Totally new to the Forum. Excited to be here. I am new to working on Motorcycles, but happy to get involved and learn everything I can.

I am riding a Brand new TBR7, I have been riding it for about 4 weeks.

I noticed recently that the electric start was getting weaker. I suspected that the battery was losing power. Last night it finally stopped having enough juice to crank the motor. I am going to get a trickle charger tonight, and recharge it.

A few questions, I have been looking and have not understood enough to research existing posts to find my answer, maybe I am not wording it right.

1. With Cars, while you are operating it, the alternator charges the battery.. is is the same with these Motorcyles? Should I expect that the battery is receiving a charge while the motor is running? Or is it different?

2. Should I be setting it up on trickle charge when I am not riding it? If so, that means I would need to pull the side panel off everytime. I am open to thoughts. I lack understanding on this issue.

Thank you in advance, and I am excited to get involved and share my experience with others as I learn as well.

Jason Coyote