View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 09:25 PM   #10

Alright so assembly almost complete. Took it apart further than it was, and checked torque etc. Tried to check valve clearance through the ports and cannot get a angled feeler in there. Instead of pulling the cover I set it to tdc and just made sure the rocker had at least some play(prob not enough but it should loosen on break in) If i need to pull it apart later for performance issues I will but im gonna run it in and see how it does. Pulled the plug before firing the bike and it was obviously run somewhere after being built and was in a rich condition. Replaced the plug with a new ngk, started and ran for 20 mins or so(plug looks better but may be a little lean(I am at 4600 ft at my house) I wanna run it in a bit more before adjusting. It has a bog on throttle blip so im probably gonna replace the carb(I already have a mikuni knockoff on hand)and rejet after running the bike a while to see how it acts under load.

Things I have noticed and or altered.

The plastics are shit engineered and tolerances are ass... one hell of a time getting them on the bike but they will go on with some great effort and leverage.

The stock tank is not a good design and will probably vibrate loose or break the rear mount unless you mod a bit. What I did was take two rubber squares about 1.5x1.5 inch and silicone them into the frame crossbar that sits under the tank(take the square and press two ends together so they make a upside down U shape and silicone the ends inside the open frame bar) so that the tank compresses them into the frame and rides on them to eliminate vibration. I will try to see if i can get a shot of this with the seat on tomorrow so it makes more sense.

Thats it for now, more later.