View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 03:51 PM   #6

If the spring is correct for your weight it would not bottom out. Have you measured the sag on your suspension? When you are sitting on the bike wearing normal gear you'd expect about 30% sag. Adding compression to the stock spring can only compensate so much for the weight being carried. That's why a spring change may well solve your problem. Hyperco makes springs for lots of applications. I tried 650 and 600 springs on my RX4, finding the 600 to be the better of the two. Once you have the dimensions of your stock spring you can see what hyperco has to offer for that length and diameter spring coil. As I recall the springs were less than $100 each. CSC might even have some spring options.

One thing to consider if you change shocks is that the OEM shock only has a small amount of travel. I do not remember what that is but, as an example, the RX4 has 120mm of rear wheel travel and its shock only has 50mm of travel. The linkage is making up the difference. Any replacement shock should have roughly the same amount of travel or you'll be back to square one...tire hitting the fender on full compression.