View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 12:55 AM   #14

I replaced the TPS, and it seemed to get better. I was riding the bike conservatively and the ECU corrected for the new TPS. Idle was rock solid stable, no codes, and the bike no longer hesitated or stuttered.

so then I took it on the highway and let it get good and hot, and the problem came right back.

I replaced the MAP sensor, because it was easy to get to. No effect. So that leaves the IAC valve. That's the last thing I haven't replaced.

Of course, now I'm feeling highly frustrated and severely pessimistic, and I'm doubting that the IAC valve will fix the problem. Which means ordering a new throttle body assembly and throwing even more money down the tubes.

I'm not pleased at all.

It's extra frustrating because I keep missing going on trips on the RX3. I *LOVE* riding the RX3. I love the size and the off-road capability and the light weight. But this will be the THIRD trip this year that I've missed due to the bike breaking right before the planned trip. This will be the third time I ride my absolutely trouble-free Benelli Leoncino instead.

Charles.