View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 01:25 AM   #298

With the heat still permeating around here, combined with, surprisingly LOTS of humidity (all of July and August--stormy-like weather) and the past few days quite a large storm thanks to the remnants of Hurricane/Tropical Storm Nora making its way north as far north as Colorado, should we start thinking of the twice done ride? Emerikol has moved away, and I have not seen Music Trek on here for a while (he started the ride in the first place), but is anyone else interested in a ride when the weather gets cooler; say November? I have actually found a Chinese bike on Riders Share rentals--a Bashan Storm, in the Phoenix area, and I would like to reserve it if we can get enough people interested to justify renting it. I was thinking a possibility is to head a bit west and try to get to a part of the Arizona Peace Trail which crosses I 10 somewhere in the middle of nowhere in La Paz County, as well as crosses the 60 not too far north. The issue I see is riding Chinese dual-sports for miles on, say the 60, to get to the trail. We could look into a couple of other rides, or if we can remember the route, Surprise to Wickenburg. I will ask on the Facebook group as well as there were a few Phoenix-area riders interested in meeting up for rides over the past several months and were pleasantly surprised when I mentioned the Surprise to Wickenburg route for Chinese dual-sports.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard