View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 03:05 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
By the time you are done doing all those mods, the motorcycle would end up being as expensive as a Japanese 650 and guess what? It will be still underpowered next to the Japs 650.

Royal Enfield ain't for the speedster.
Their engines are workhorse not racehorse , just take a look at their designs at their specs and you will see what i mean.
Point being if you are considering a 650 INT, it wouldn't make sense to buy an sg400 for those reasons and more. Also, I'm unaware of what 650's you are referring to (a 650 Yamaha vstar is a cruiser, the only one coming to mind).

I don't really run into people who aren't interested in modifying their bike. I'm in several local motorcycle groups of varying types of bikes.. that idea of cost for a mod is irrelevant. People put exhausts on their bikes that cost $1-2k on a regular basis.. $500 tunes, expensive lighter wheels, aftermarket suspension etc.. cost doesn't matter if someone has a bike they want. Especially when it differentiates their from the hundreds of other bikes in the rides/groups/meets. People put a lot of money into 600 sports bikes on a regular basis.. why not just buy a 1000cc? Not applicable.