View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 04:09 PM   #39

I really can not tell you what the subject in the "other thread" was doing wrong. These bikes are all different otherwise we would not have guys claiming their box stock Hawk will do 90 when mine will not do but 60. Who knows?

Sorry Barnone but my 50cc bike was faster than 30mph when I brought it home. Imagine that, a manufacturer that would sell a vehicle that went faster then the defined speed limit. Never heard of such a travesty!

Secondly, I have never seen a cop in KY driving around with a portable dyno to insure that mopeds have no more than 2hp. They just don't care!

Third, I was referencing the law, which in KY requires no plates, registration or insurance. By your reasoning all bicycles, e-bikes and e-scooters should also be insured and tagged. At this point some cities are renting e-bike mopeds to anyone that has a cell phone that will pay for it.

Exactly how much damage do you suppose a 200 pound plastic Chinese scooter would do in a collision?

The most injury that would be possible is if you had a head on collision, went through the other vehicles windshield and landed on someone like a road killed deer. More than likely you would be dead and your level of social concern slightly reduced.

As for the price differences you site, I can only state that that particular outlet is over charging for the 50cc and I would not purchase from them!