View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 08:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_az View Post
I limit it to 75, due to front end instability. it'll pull to 9500rpm in the lower gears with the engine mods I've done and do power up wheelies in 1st
I have seen Alex and his TBR7 two years in a row on the annual 'Surprise to Wickenburg the back way' ride. In fact, last year I rode Emerikol's Hawk which he geared, if I recall, 17/39. I think the 39 was a bit too high, but it allowed us to cruise on I 10 and up the 303 at 65 mph (he might have a 15 on the front; maybe he'll chime in) to the starting point. I did not realize Alex's gearing was similar. I think the 17/42 should be fine for the Phoenix area so you can get to the dirt (sand). Hopefully the 3rd annual ride will happen next month, so keep an eye out if you do get your bike.

BTW, the TBRs were coming with 520 chains and the funky gearing that chain needs, but it sounds like they are back to a 428. Alex's bike is a few years old when they did come with 428 chains, but with COVID and all the confusion, the Taos were shipping with 520 chains. Let us know.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard