View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 12:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
2000 miles - electrical problem. The main red positive power wire rubbed against something in the triple tree/headlight area. It kept shorting out and it stranded me a couple times.

Fixed with some electrical conduit and electrical tape.

This might be interpreted as a breakdown that ends the streak, but I’m going to continue the posting to look out for any other major mechanical malfunctions in case anyone wants to follow along.
Useful heads-up. The wiring bundle on the Storm was loose and bounces around in the bumps. I hadn't really thought about it, but this is a recipe for chafing the insulation! I did tape it up after maybe 25 miles, and now it still bounces around, but it is noisier because it is a thicker solid bundle! I have to replace the right turn signal (have OEM replacement), and while I am in there I will inspect it for any chafing, and further insulate and stabilize the wiring.

I think I have about 300 miles on it now (shows ~ 400 "~km"). I need to pace a vehicle (my son) with a decent speedometer and see how far off the speedomoeter is, and drive a couple of measured miles and see what the odometer reads. I haven't believed either one since the first test drive!

Last edited by Thumper; 01-14-2022 at 10:44 AM.