View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 07:44 PM   #63

X pect tail rack

A good tail rack is mandatory and several weeks ago the team was twiddling their thumbs while waiting for parts for projects half done when the urge to make the rack for this bike came upon them. When the motivation to do a job like this comes upon you, get started before it fades away and that is what we did. Before we began, though, the other three team members wanted to get something off their chest from the get go. Apparently, they were more than a little miffed about the last time a rack was fabricated because after it was completed, I did a blog and took all the credit and they weren’t mentioned! Let me be clear, I did the design and layout and the other team members did the fabrication!

It is pretty much a copy of the rack we did for the HAWK which is inspired by the CSC rack for the TT 250. The bolt pattern is very similar to the HAWK and the difference is probably just a result of loose manufacturing tolerances. There is some slight difference between the two in the shape and curve of the seat back. When the rack gets done, visions of the backroad begin!

Last edited by China Rider 27; 01-23-2022 at 09:53 PM.