View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 10:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkMagician View Post
0Wow thanks for the chart ! I am still trying to dial in my carb and i ran into some weird stuff today. I hadn't ridden in a couple of days so I started my bike up ended up having to use a spray of starting fluid and once it started it idled and ran fine and then I played with the choke and noticed my chok it does absolutely nothing on full choke there zero change in RPMs. Only thing I could find on this was that it might be so rich that adjusting the air with choke does nothing but it also said that it should start fine that you wouldn't need the chok if that's the case. And that wasn't the case today maybe just cuz it was cold but I would like it to start up without having to carry around a can of starting fluid. So is this too rich of a carb? Is it a bad thing to be too rich and do you guys have any advice also would upgrading the electrical battery and starter help this problem because I know that's when he did have great as well
If it runs too rich for a long time it will eventually wear out the rings and cylinder. That's why efi engines outlast carburated engines (no choke)
To whoever stole my anti-depressants.
I Hope Your Happy !