View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 10:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkMagician View Post
0Wow thanks for the chart ! I am still trying to dial in my carb and i ran into some weird stuff today. I hadn't ridden in a couple of days so I started my bike up ended up having to use a spray of starting fluid and once it started it idled and ran fine and then I played with the choke and noticed my chok it does absolutely nothing on full choke there zero change in RPMs. Only thing I could find on this was that it might be so rich that adjusting the air with choke does nothing but it also said that it should start fine that you wouldn't need the chok if that's the case. And that wasn't the case today maybe just cuz it was cold but I would like it to start up without having to carry around a can of starting fluid. So is this too rich of a carb? Is it a bad thing to be too rich and do you guys have any advice also would upgrading the electrical battery and starter help this problem because I know that's when he did have great as well
If is really this rich at idle I'd expect you'd be mentioning black smoke coming from the exhaust especially after in ran a few minutes, or how the idle speed screw had to be turned in so far. However, this is an easy test. Fire it up, let it idle 5-10 minutes with the choke off, turn the key off, go inside and drink a beer (optional). After its cooled off (the bike, not the beer), remove the spark plug. Note the color. If it's really black it's idling rich.

Since most of us here like to think of ourselves as gearheads if you post up some pics, we'll all look at it and gawk, and it'll give us something to look at. Lol. You might get 10 opinions, some may even be right.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"