Thread: Too rich?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 12:56 PM   #27

Sigh..........
Im talking about what this diagram refers to as the moxong chamber screw.....still a lil confused here forgive me i have brain damage for real..plz dumb it down a little for us simpletons. Last time ill try to relay this promise... after putting on aftermarket carb with 104 main tapped put to 110 with a 42 pilot. Funny how only one person told me to check my plugs when thats the correct way to sus this out (after doing some research) and ill do that lateer but i dont think ive ran the new carb long enough with the suspected too rich settings so how long will it take to show up balck and sooty if its too rich? Also having problems with cold starts (the bike being not warmed up but still in warm weather) but idle after warmed is strong and around right rpms with no bog or throttle hang or w.e. its called. Like i said before 8 know how to play with idle but jever had to adjust the "chamber mixture screw" from stock settings. Should i mess with that or should i try to lean out the carb with smaller pilot or main that is if it does end up being too rich? This is my only mode of transportation rn as my trucks transmission just went out and dont have the mula to fix tht situation and carrying around a can of started fluid doesnt sound fun
Attached Images